Park Days // Give Thanks ~ Day 4

Today, Mom, Molly and I headed over to a nearby park to spend time with the littles (our affectionate term for our younger, but still very sweet friends) and their dear mommas...

L-R: Molly S., Benjamin S., Micah M.

 Between the three families we spent time with, there were 10 kiddos there. Molly and I stayed quite busy, chasing them, keeping them safe, settling the (rare) dispute, and just plain loving on them. In the quiet moments when I could grab my camera and coerce a smile (or simply get them to stop their play long enough for me to capture the moment), I noticed these boys hanging out together...

L-R: Micah and James
These boys comes from two different families. One is the oldest of two boys and the other is the third out of four kids with two sisters. One started life on the west coast while the other has lived here his whole life. One is eight years old and the other is two.

I could go on and on about their differences. But today, I saw them play together. Not just for a few minutes, but on and off for nearly two hours. I saw James come around again and again and invest in this little guy. I saw Micah chase after James and seek to follow in whatever the "big" boys were doing. As I hung with Micah and made sure he didn't go plunging off any 10' drop offs or eat an enormous amount of dirt, I had James around several times and ask, "Can I play with Micah?" or say "I like pushing him on the swing... Can I do it?".

I am blessed to spend hours at the park because these little ones are being trained to invest in each other. They're oblivious to the age and background differences. Their moms have taught them from such young ages to "build each other up to love and good deeds". These kiddos and moms bless me by their sweet words and examples. They're the ones I want to be like...

...when i grow up =)

Mom
::Bible study partners
::park day
::music
::priviledge to vote
::the green machine (aka. her awesome Prius V)
::a family that works together
::long walks

Megan
::our sweet friends in the littles
::their mommas who have invested in me over the years by sharing their lives -- and their kids
::my own mom, also know as best friend, confidante, fellow adventurer and so much more
::a camera to capture the sweet moments of life
::mild weather to accommodate our park adventure
::the freedom to vote and have a hand in the running of our country
::an impromptu sunset photoshoot with Mom

Molly
::thoughts
::calculators
::swings
::curiosity
::sharpies
::hiding places
::Littles

No comments:

Post a Comment