Give Thanks ~ Day 30

Well, I've never noticed (and dreaded) the end of a month like I have this month. I'm sad to see this challenge come to an end, but I'm excited to launch into the Christmas season and share some of our traditions and activities on here!

Today is a special day to me -- it marks two years since I became a CollegePlus student! In short, CP has been one of the biggest blessings over the past two years. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to pursue my education in a flexible way that has given me numerous opportunities to serve my family and get involved at church and other local ministries in ways that would have been impossible if I would have attended a brick and mortar school!

But to me the biggest plus of doing CollegePlus has been the friends. Yes, with online college, you'd think I'd be pretty lonely... But that's hardly the case =) I've been involved on a private forum for CollegePlus students and through that forum have met many other CollegePlus students. And as I've gotten to know them through forum posts, skype calls, and even in person meetings, I've found that their a unique bunch that reminds me an awful lot of myself... That is, they are students from a variety backgrounds that share one very important commonality -- our faith in Christ Jesus and desire to honor HIM with our lives.

Other than that, we're a wacky bunch of young kids pursuing college at a speedy rate and trying to figure out what the rest of our lives should look like ;) Along the way, we do the same sorts of things that we'd do if we were on a "real" campus -- we throw online parties, run student body elections, hold Bible studies and prayer calls, do book studies, and help each other with our studies =) These kids have become my dearest friends and I couldn't imagine life without them!



Our final 'Give Thanks' Challenge lists...

Megan:
~CollegePlus
~that I can pursue my education through a flexible path
~CP friends who are like-minded, encouraging, and just plain fun
~the CP student body president (also know as my study buddy, dear friend, encourager, fellow schemer and the girl who'll sink or swim right along with me), Catherine K
~Jonathan Brush, a CP Admissions Representative, who not only explained CP and its blessings to Dad, Mom and I, two years ago, but has also been a great resource throughout the past couple of years
~the CollegePlus forums
~the opportunity to go see many of my friends in Texas next week

Molly:
~This challenge!  It has inspired me so much, and I realized just how much I have to be thankful.  I am very blessed.
~Sparkles
~Miracles
~Megan's friends for putting up with all the times I've interrupted their calls with her. ;)
~Mirrors (I know they make trouble sometimes, but they're awfully useful and necessary.)
~Sarah Lee Bryant for hosting the challenge. :)
~All of my blessings!  There are so many more that haven't made it onto the list, but I'm thankful for those too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment