Let It Snow...

Snow has been in the forecast and as a result I haven't seen the grass in over a week!

8" fell last Sunday making it an "at-home" day. I was flying home from a CollegePlus retreat in Dallas, TX so I missed seeing the beautiful snow fall, but Dad took these pictures in the afternoon as he worked with Melissa and Molly to clear the driveway...

Melissa with a shovel full of snow

Molly with her own version of a "shovel"
While I will do a separate post soon sharing memories and pictures from the CollegePlus Dallas retreat, I just have to mention this... Mom and Dad worked very hard to get me home on Sunday. Due to an ice storm in Dallas and the snow in the DC area, flights that actually got from one place to another were hard to come by. Mom and Dad spent most of the weekend finding me a flight and Dad also drove to DC in the snowy and rainy weather to get me when my flight got in at 9:45pm. They are awesome parents, just sayin' =)

Tuesday brought another 4" and this was on top of Sunday's 8" as the weather stayed beneath freezing. To get out of the house, Melissa and Molly headed outside and I followed with the camera...

Melissa with her snow shovel and Molly with a snowball

While Melissa shoveled, Molly made some lovely snow creations.

a heart made out of footprints

a smiley face - with Molly's smiling face
The temperature has stayed around or below freezing for the rest of the week meaning that the snow is sticking around longer than it usually does... It snowed on and off today totaling around 2" on top of 8" left over from the last two storms =) 

No snowmen yet, but maybe one will be produced this week as Melissa is now done with her community college classes. I am still busy with school and have three midterms this week. But once those are done, I will have a bit of free time. If one is made, I will be sure and post some pictures on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment