Give Thanks ~ Day 29

2nd to last day...


... of the 'Give Thanks' Challenge :)

We enjoyed hosting the B. family for an afternoon of fellowship! Mr. B. and Dad work together at LifeTech. While the parents talked up in the kitchen, Melissa, Molly, and I played with their 5 year old girl and 8 year old boy. We did everything from play Monopoly (I won!) to pet Emily (our dog) and take her for "walks" around the living room. It was a fun time and definitely a family highlight was getting to hear their Scottish accents and the many non-American phrases =)

Megan:
~showing hospitality with my family
~Scottish accents
~kid smiles with their excitement clearly shown :)
~finding a perfect pair of boots at Sears
~my dad's understanding and encouragement
~dinner conversations of "possibilities"
~the flexibility and learning experiences at my job

Molly:
~Accents (as in like Scottish accents, as in that I got to hear them all afternoon :D :D :D)
~That I spent the afternoon with two adorable kids
~Games
~When the Newsies' soundtrack is blasting, and Megan, Melissa, and I are singing as loud as we can to it. :D
~Christmas! (BEST. HOLIDAY. EVER. EVER.)  And now we get to decorate and shop for it and get all excited and sing carols and bake cookies and....yeah.....
~Running water (Have you ever thought of how much your life would be impacted if you didn't have it?)
~Whiteboards.  (If you've ever questioned their purpose, just spend a day with my family and count how many times you hear the phrase "Write it on the whiteboard." ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment