Sunday Prayers // Give Thanks ~ Day 9

I had all the best intentions of getting a really good picture of our family prayer time...

...aaaaand. It didn't happen.

But picture, or no picture, this tradition (going on two years now!) is one of my favorites =)

Pastor Scott, who teaches our community (a portion of our church that meets for small group teaching prior to our main church service), continually mentions that praying together as couples or families is a unique opportunity to grow our earthly relationships by speaking to our heavenly Father. We have the chance, through prayer, to let those around us listen and hear the burdens and praises that are on our hearts -- things that we might never voice in other circumstances, can be said through prayer...

It's a really cool concept and one I've seen played out in our own weekly times praying together as a family. One of the neatest changes that I've seen in our family prayer time recently is a move towards more specific requests and an inclusion of praise and confession. I am grateful to my dad for starting this time and leading it by example!



Mom
::late-night talks
::hugs
::family prayer
::warm blankets
::gloves
::our pastors that teach the word of God
::weekend family dinners

Megan
::Biblical teaching on the workplace
::honesty in relationships
::Spiritual growth in my family
::God's grace
::singing with my sisters
::memories of my years as a homeschooler
::God's provision to heal hurting situations

Molly
::water
::heaven
::lightbulb moments
::sticky notes
::the moon
::dry erase boards
::HSLDA

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment