Sunday Sermons // Give Thanks ~ Day 2

I toted my camera along to church this morning fully intending to take a picture of something. anything. But the cloudy morning did not avail itself to photography. So I settled to wait for the drive home. And then slept the whole way. So it's a random picture. again. And the promise of something more exciting tomorrow =)



Our regular pastor was out of town, so one of the assistant pastors spoke on Hebrews 10:19-25. It was an encouraging sermon as Pastor Rod shared on the topic on holding to our confession of Christ (verses 23-24) by drawing near to God (verse 22) and assembling together as believers (verse 25).

The world will always run contrary to Christianity as our fleshly nature is to live life on our own terms. But it is out of love for Christ, that we strive to submit ourselves to God, rather than live as we would please. Pastor Rod pointed out that men will always be in servanthood to someone. We can simply chose to be servants of righteousness through Jesus Christ, or servants to sin.

The sermon challenged me to evaluate who I am confessing on a daily basis. Is it myself? Or am I confessing my God? I am also encouraged to daily spend time in Scripture to grow my affection and heart towards the things that God values -- as it is only through time spent with Him that I will seek after the things of God, and not those of the world.

Mom
::our church
::forgiveness
::supportive family
::sisters in Christ
::Mom and Dad (my parents)
::family prayer
::colors of the season

Megan
::laughter
::inside family jokes
::my dad
::sunny days
::the privilege of resting in my confession of Christ as Lord
::new church friends
::the extra hour to spend with my friends and not loose sleep

Molly
::NaNoWrimo
::Bible
::best savior anyone could wish for -- Jesus!
::that God created the world
::notebooks
::awesome pens
::paper

No comments:

Post a Comment