Buckeyes // Give Thanks ~ Days 12-14

I think it's time to return ;) Thank you for your patience...coming home from a CP gathering involves exhaustion, some serious missing, and a stack of responsibilities to make me want to run for the hills :P But lest you all begin to wonder why I go to such events... they also result in some pretty amazing memories which I hope to share over the next couple days here on the blog =)

While I begin the process of catching up (not a one day deal), I'll enjoy eating some of these little holiday treasures...

Buckeyes awaiting the chocolate-dipping phase
Melissa & Dad, our awesome buckeye-rolling team!

And let's also get serious about our Give Thanks challenge...Today, we'll cover November 12-14 :)

Mom
::fun surprises
::laughter
::homemade cookies
::long-distance friends
::family connections
::health
::Megan's blog
::consignment sales
::frozen yogurt
::Friday nights
::completed to-do list
::God's peace
::organization
::help with shopping
::our pastors
::bar-b-que
::Skype calls
::cousins
::friends
::my family
::movie night

Megan
::helpful airline ticket agents
::that my delayed flight gave me a push to do some Bible study
::extra sleep on my flight
::Dad's transportation services (complete with lovely conversations!)
::teasing texts
::Melissa and Mom letting me raid their closets for this trip
::sunshine
::chats with Melissa to keep me updated on home life
::texts from Dad and Molly
::posing in the Des Moines sculpture park
::Mr. Subra's entertaining lesson on the 12 tenets of the Bible
::Josh's driving
::sharing a room with two of my dear CP friends
::talking listening to others talk about music and gaining a whole new playlist
::Catherine calling just to encourage me
::sharing hearts and feelings with the girls at the gathering
::getting to do more English Country Dancing (thank you, Emily!)
::Drew's willingness to share his swing knowledge
::the gift of friends who share memories, fun, and laughter
::the Subra's willingness to open up their home (and furniture!)
::sweet emails from Mom teaching on God's work in our lives

Molly
::His story
::language
::learning
::dishwashers
::time
::reasons
::hugs
::Skype
::conspiracies
::snow
::gloves
::new friends
::teachers
::volunteers
::trees
::walks
::church
::clearance
::babies
::jump rope
::(mostly) catching up on NaNoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment