Family Life // Give Thanks ~ Day 18-20

As of today, we are only 4 days behind in the Give Thanks challenge and we should be caught up before Thanksgiving actually arrives =)

Today was a productive day, albeit filled with constant comings and goings of our household. Dad, Mom, and I took two of our cars and RV for some maintenance and repairs. Molly volunteered for an emergency drill at a local senior-living center and Melissa headed over to our community college for a nursing lunch and study session.

As I type this, Mom and Dad are just pulling in the driveway from a date night while Melissa and Molly compete for the title of 'writing-the-most-words-in-an-allotted-period-of-time'...aka. a word war for NaNoWriMo. Before sitting down at our computers (me to blog and the girls to work on their novels), we once again dived into the buckeye process and this was the result...

round chocolate + peanut butter + powdered sugar goodness =)
{I'm posting this^^ just for my CollegePlus, Ohio friends to be jealous of}

Mom
::having all my girls home
::10+ sweet years with our dog, Emily
::encouragement from my family
::God's mercies in our suffering
::our veterinarian
::sleep
::coffee
::comfort in loss
::pots and pans
::bluetooth
::easy dinners
::afternoon walks with girls
::RV
::friends
::National History Day
::Molly's Greek teacher, Mr. Spotts
::haircuts
::kombucha
::kleenex
::water
::happy family

Megan
::the cars that God has blessed our family with
::8 consecutive hours of sleep
::texting with friends to share memories and get through the missing part of coming home
::the grace my family gives me as I re-acclimate into the family culture
::hugs and smiles from Molly as she shared the family news
::walking with Melissa (even if it was a little cold!)
::compassion
::Emily, our dog
::Melissa's strength and matter-of-factness in difficult situations
::sharing tears and hugs with Mom
::a nap to help with the sleep-deprivation
::girls' only calls to share life and pray for each other
::our family's thanksgiving tree
::laughing and dreaming with Mom and Dad (so grateful for the way you both invest and disciple the girls and I!)
::a home-day to catch-up on projects
::Mom's pumpkin muffins
::Scriptural reminder to "rejoice in all things"
::the four years we've had to live in Maryland and explore the East coast
::the two-hour drive to & from church with Melissa -- lots of girl time
::our pastors and church
::fellowship with believers committed to following Christ

Molly
::songs
::sisters
::parents
::eyes
::solemn faces that make me laugh
::Emily
::computers
::timers
::rope
::buckeyes
::masterminds
::November
::colors
::volunteers
::smiles
::poems
::precious moments
::spreadsheets
::teamwork
::recklessness
::private jokes

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just popped over to say "hi"! I actually wrote Deadly Puzzle during NaNoWriMo three years ago! It has since seen lots of revisions and editing, but I'm definitely a fan of the challenge. Sometimes you just need a little pressure to get things done. :)

    The Give Thanks challenge is such a good idea. It's simple, but helps to focus on gratefulness!

    I hope you're enjoying the book!

    KM

    ReplyDelete